The holiday season is almost upon us and before one gets completely engulfed by it, one should take care of a little detail that will make life so much better than that of organizing a good fireplace cleaning. One could begin by slating one’s annual fireplace chimney inspection followed by the fireplace cleaning.
Though one can attempt fireplace cleaning on one’s own, the best way forward would be to invite a professional chimney cleaning professional to do it. They would be able to effectively remove fire causing substance like creosote, soot and glaze from inside the chimney and flue thereby clearing the way to enjoy a warm and cheerful holiday season with your family and friends.
Why Fireplace Cleaning is Not That Much of a Chore to Be Dreaded Anymore
The modern and professional way of fireplace cleaning does not leave any mess behind. Professional chimney sweeps will do the cleaning with the help of brushes that are able to vacuum-clean the offending deposits preventing any spillage inside the house.
Besides, professional chimney sweeps are equipped with cables and chains that are able to rotate at high speed with the help of motors to very effectively and efficiently remove creosote, glaze, and soot from the flue. They also use chemicals to comprehensively clean the chimney liner.
So, if you have been procrastinating a fireplace cleaning, even though the hectic holiday season is around the corner, go right ahead and deploy the services of a professional chimney sweep like SootAway. This will put your mind at risk regarding the danger from a house fire or noxious gases when you start using the fireplace in the coming days.
Tips for Keeping Your Fireplace Safe and Enjoying Every Holiday Season to the Fullest
Apart from organizing a fireplace cleaning, there a number of other steps you can take to ensure safety during the coming festival season. These include the following:
- Never keep gift packages near the fireplace, as these could catch fire.
- Don’t ever make the mistake of dumping the combustible wrapping paper of these gift packages in the fireplac
- It is a terrible idea to burn the Christmas tree in the fireplace, after the festival is over, as these trees have not been sufficiently dried for them to qualify as fuel for fireplaces.
- Ensure that there is a smoke alarm on every level of the house. You don’t want to be caught unawares if there is a fire anywhere in the house.
- Keep a fire extinguisher handy.
Once you have had a professional chimney sweep do a thorough fireplace cleaning for you and taken care of all of the above tips, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
- It is critically important that one knows the right way of lighting a fire. The fireplace logs are to be placed on a grate deep in the fireplace. It is better to use liquids that can help kindle a fire than use flammable liquids that could cause a dangerous fire to erupt.
- The damper is to be opened before lighting a fire and closed only after the fire has been extinguished.
- One should use seasoned hardwood or manufactured logs meant for the fireplace. This will minimize the chances of soot and creosote forming inside your chimney.
- The bigger logs should be kept at the bottom and the kindling logs on the top.
Should You Get to Your Fireplace Cleaning Right Now?
There isn’t a better sight in the world than a family enjoying all the joy and cheer that the festive season can bestow in the warm comfort of their homes, unaffected by the cold weather just outside the door. That can be ensured by the simple expedient of organizing a fireplace cleaning well before the festivities begin. It would be a pity if you endangered the lives of those who mean the most to you in the most joyous time of the year, on account of sheer apathy.
The good things of life are all the sweeter if these are preceded by a little effort. All that you need to do is get in touch with a professional chimney sweep and you are done. They will take care of every little detail concerning the cleaning and clean-up. As for you, you can look forward to Christmas.
To learn more about chimney inspections and fireplace cleaning, make an appointment below today!